We are excited to announce our first-ever ride concept competition. We are calling it Ride Concept Expo '11. Get your pencils out and start polishing those original ideas. Entries will be accepeted between now and August 20, 2011. Winners will see their concepts posted on ImagineeringDisney.com. No visual art talent required. See details below.
Rules & Guidelines
Submit a one-paragraph summary of your concept to
Imagineering.Disney@gmail.com between now and August 20, 2011.
Title of attraction
Ride type (dark ride, boat ride, coaster, etc.)
Description of guest experience within your proposed attraction.
• Summary paragraph should be no more than 200 words.
• Longer descriptions accepted in addition to one-paragraph summary but are not required.
• Artwork is accepted but not required.
• Concepts may not be based on any existing film, TV show, video game, or other existing media.* (Too easy!)
• No (existing) animated characters.
• Concepts may not be “relocation” concepts. You may not suggest an existing ride be simply duplicated in another park unless you share original reasons as to why and how it can be different.
*Some exceptions apply. Literary classics and other appropriate non-Disney works my be approved.
A small panel of judges will select a few entries to be featured on the blog. No limit to number of entries submitted. No age requirements. Private feedback from judges panel will be offered upon request. This contest is not in any way affiliated with The Walt Disney Company or Walt Disney Imagineering. The contest is intended to take place for entertainment purposes only. Concepts will not be considered for further theme park development in any way.
For thoughts on how to develop original ideas we suggest you refer to one of our first posts called, Originality in Theme Park Design.
The blog staff will be posting a small number of concepts including [*SPOILER ALERT*] a journey through World Showcase boat ride, and a raccoon invasion farm dark ride (attraction names yet to be determined).
Let the concepts begin!
UPDATE: See the winners here!